Learn How to Transition Adult Patients to the Longest Dosing Interval with INVEGA TRINZA®1
A seamless dosing pathway to INVEGA TRINZA® after adequately treating with INVEGA SUSTENNA® (paliperidone palmitate) for at least 4 months1*
- INVEGA TRINZA® should be administered once every 3 months1
- INVEGA TRINZA® is to be used only after the patient has been adequately treated with 1-month INVEGA SUSTENNA® for at least 4 months1†
- To establish a consistent maintenance dose, it is recommended that the last 2 doses of INVEGA SUSTENNA® be the same dosage strength before starting INVEGA TRINZA®1
- For those who have not taken oral paliperidone, oral risperidone, or injectable risperidone previously, establish tolerability with oral paliperidone or oral risperidone before starting INVEGA SUSTENNA®2
*Based on your evaluation of the patient’s response.
INVEGA TRINZA® Initiation Doses1
Arrows illustrate the corresponding dose conversion from INVEGA SUSTENNA® to INVEGA TRINZA®.
Conversion from the INVEGA SUSTENNA® 39 mg dose was not studied.
After Transitioning to INVEGA TRINZA®
Following the initial INVEGA TRINZA® dose, INVEGA TRINZA® should be administered once every 3 months.1
If needed, dose adjustments can be made every 3 months in increments within the range of 273 mg to 819 mg based on tolerability or efficacy.1
- Due to the long-acting nature of INVEGA TRINZA®, the patient’s response to an adjusted dose may not be apparent for several months1
Between doses, patients can maintain scheduled treatment plans and routine interactions with their treatment team.
A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, long-term maintenance study compared 3-month paliperidone palmitate (INVEGA TRINZA®) with placebo in adult patients with schizophrenia. Patients were treated for 17 weeks with 1-month paliperidone palmitate (INVEGA SUSTENNA®) during an open-label, flexible-dose stabilization phase, and then a single dose of INVEGA TRINZA® during an open-label maintenance phase. This was followed by a fixed dose of INVEGA TRINZA® or placebo once every 3 months in a variable-duration, double-blind phase. A preplanned interim analysis conducted by an Independent Data Monitoring Committee after 42 relapse events resulted in the decision to terminate the study early due to significant efficacy favoring INVEGA TRINZA®. The secondary endpoint of PANSS total score is based on final analysis.1,3
PANSS=Positive and Negative Syndrome Scale
References: 1. INVEGA TRINZA® [prescribing information]. Titusville, NJ: Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; January 2019. 2. INVEGA SUSTENNA® [prescribing information]. Titusville, NJ: Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; January 2019. 3. Berwaerts J, Liu Y, Gopal S, et al. Efficacy and safety of the 3-month formulation of paliperidone palmitate vs placebo for relapse prevention of schizophrenia: a randomized clinical trial. JAMA Psychiatry. 2015;72(8):830-839. Supplemental data available at: http://archpsyc.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=2211343#tab12. Accessed November 8, 2019.